- Down players have a limited time to be revived (very little time if they were taken down with a headshot)
- If you miss an enemy spot you can’t try again for 6 seconds
- All new enemy weapons
- New US weapon models
- New US Pistol M1911
- New Optics! (4x, 8x and shotgun holo)
- New HUD
- New in game UI replacing launcher functionality (still in-progress, so some options will be “coming soon” and the server browser will not have all functionality yet)
- New gear sets on US Soldiers
- New US Soldier camouflage patterns and colors
- New audio engine (wwise) and weapon sounds updated
- New Map from Steam Workshop (Drecks’ OVERLOAD)
- New gametypes on existing maps (c4 / extract / flo )
- Only one type of smoke grenade now
- and much more!
What’s the focus for this test?
We need feedback from this test on a few specific things.
- Scoring – is the new scoring system easier to understand where your points are coming from?
- Audio – do any adjustments need to be made to volume or distance sounds are heard?
- Settings – test all of the settings and let us know if there are any problems or too many/missing options in the settings menu
- HUD – let us know what you think of the new look of the HUD
We are also stress testing the database and evaluating scoring/progression, so keep the few servers we have running full!
- Available missions increased from 25 to 34
- Added flo_overload_c4
- Removed training themed props from hospital maps
- This includes swapping out the flag mesh for something more realistic
- All training maps got an art pass
- Flag no longer attaches to player’s back, instead the flag gets stuffed in a backpack and it is attached to the player carrying the flag
- All DE maps have been removed from the game (been replaced by single plant site c4 versions)
- New slo-mo explosion effects on all c4 maps (still wip)
- Three Kings is now Flo_Watchdog
- Added bdx versions of Bridge, Inner Hospital, and Red Line C4
- Includes play space and plant site adjustments
- Added flo versions of intercept and watchdog c4
- Uses all of the three kings playspace
- Added c4 versions of siege and intercept (Both bdx and flo)
- Added Ex version of Crossfire
Maps included with this Opt In beta test
- FLO Overload C4
- FLO Intercept EX
- FLO Watchdog C4
- BDX Red Line C4
- BDX Siege C4
- BDX Crossfire EX
How do I participate?
- Right-click on the “America’s Army: Proving Grounds Beta” game in your Steam Library
- Select “Properties”
- Select the “BETAS” tab
- Click the drop down where you select the beta you would like to opt into and select “OPT-IN 1”
WARNING – this will download the opt-in test and replace the current version of the game you have! You can always select “NONE” and go back, but it will be a few GB download.
There is no limit to the number of people that can download the opt-in beta, but we will have a limited number of servers running. If all servers are full you can spectate to wait for a spot or try again later.